Masterclass Lecture Programme in Personal Effectiveness
Who: Motivated individuals who want to think outside the box and develop themselves in all of their roles
Duration: 8 weeks – weekly group lecture sessions at specified times held at Sabre Business World including group discussions, downloadable exercise booklet and access to additional online material.
Course Content: The course in personal effectiveness takes the five themes of control, character, maturity, habits and relationships, with the following chapters:
- Environmental challenges – break them down to challenges in your various roles, understand the root cause of them and remember that you control more than you think you do in tackling these challenges
- The Foundation - Shaping Paradigms and Choosing Principles – remember, if you want to make a minor change, change behaviour. If you want to make a major change, change the paradigm, and the most important paradigm shift is your own view of yourself
- The Choice to Act – become proactive and take responsibility for your life
- Building a Vision - Begin with the end in mind. Everything is created twice – first mentally and then actually – we, therefore, need to plan our future and shape our destiny and write our own personal script for all of our roles
- Learning to Prioritise – Put First Things First. To be effective, we need to schedule our priorities and focus on what we called the quadrant 2 items – strategy, planning, relationships and personal time
- Developing Habits - the Science and its four laws of behavioural change linked to the four stages of every habit to promote positive habit repetition: cue, craving, response and reward
- Compounding and Sustaining Habits - 1% Rule and Grit. Build your confidence by starting small, getting into good habits and establishing discipline – the dividend is in the compounding of small habit gains. Good Habits are developed by repetition – this requires effort, endurance, a growth mindset, diligence – all the characteristics of true grit which thrives on passion and practice.
- Meditation – Uncluttering the Mind. In the modern age of fast-moving lives, we need to find the time and habits to slow down and clear the head and just be in the present
- Relationships - Think Win-Win & Creative Cooperation. To first subscribe to an abundance mentality paradigm – there is enough to go around, and therefore nine times out of ten, a win/win solution is the most satisfying but also the optimal and most effective path of travel in relationships. To create relationship synergy, we need to value differences
- Empathetic Communication - Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood. We live in an interactive world, so we must learn to be effective communicators, and this starts by empathetic listening - only when you have earned the right to be trusted, can you start to share your views effectively
- Balanced Self-Renewal - you are the most valuable asset, so ensure your value is preserved and enhanced, by balancing the four renewal dimensions: physical; mental; social/emotional and spiritual.
Process: Please send an email to [email protected] prior to making any payments for information on the next start date for periodic lectures (minimum number of 10 participants)
Deliverable: A certificate of attendance and completion of a course in Personal Development will be given
Cost: There is a fixed cost for the 10 chapters covered in a 6 week programme and a 12-month subscription to all the online material, lecture notes and additional information sent out.
The cost is USD 600 payable via PayPal below or in cash upon the first day of lectures or the equivalent at the weekly prevailing interbank rate payable in ZWL (Kindly email [email protected] prior to making payment so as to ensure a smooth payment process).
James was brought up and schooled in Zimbabwe. After leaving school in 1981, he went to Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh in Scotland, where he got a 1st Class Honours BA degree in Business Organisation. Postgraduate qualifications included Chartered Association of Certified Accountants (ACCA), Diploma in Marketing (Institute of Marketing) and Diploma in Marketing Research (Market Research Society).